Friday, October 14, 2011

A Week Of Firsts

First apartment, first college class, first college party, first  non-classical concert, first college essay, first homework all-nighter, first new friend, first Logan city event, first day in a singles ward, first power outage, the first week of my new life!
MONDAY
first apartment
My first apartment isn't quite the dream home i expected...ok it's exactly what i expected! White cinder block walls, hard mattresses, limited counter space, couches, toilets, sinks, showers, and floors used by renters of the past 50+ years. Yes i know a jail cell has all of those things and yes sometimes it feels like a -homework- dungeon. But more often than not it's filled with giggling girls, late night dance parties, failed attempts to make mom's secret recipe and so much more but I'm sworn to secrecy... Lets just say i agree with Luther Vandross when he says "...a house is not a home when there's no one there..." I've got a home in Logan now thanks to my new family. Love ya Eden Perla Lindsey and Corey!

TUESDAY
first grocery shopping experience
I have become a Walmart creature. In my first week of college i think i have spent more time at Walmart than in my dorm room. Ok that's a lie but when you leave half of your life at home and realize that mom no longer stocks the shelves with toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, sponges, and qtips you start to love the place that conveniently keeps them all in the same area. Getting lost is a must and happens every visit. On the upside i can count searching for TP as my rigorous exercise for the day!

WEDNESDAY
first college class
After a long night of speed reading and cramming ideas from my head into my five page report i began my very first college class. Yes i have already learned my lesson on procrastinating and assure you i will never do it again. And i will always get ten hours of sleep and floss my teeth and never eat sugar or fattening foods. The thing is it's a lot easier said than done. And that is the truth about college as well. I expected to get all A's in my classes and be close with my professors and it would all be easy as pie... Reality check Ash some professors don't give A's, half of the professors only get as close as a projector on a white wall and the cafeteria doesn't serve pie!

THURSDAY
first concert
                                        
Sweaty, stinky, hot, smokey, broken toes, new (very strange) friends, and every genre of person you could ever imagine, and musical explosions.
 Lupe Fiasco live...enough said

FRIDAY
first taste of Logan
You know you're in Logan when you can take a picture with a cow on Main Street...I love this place and everything about it. You can drive five minutes and see fields and farms and livestock. And every person you meet in the city is as friendly and kind as Great Aunt Sally you literally feel like you're part of a big city family.

SATURDAY
first plank of college
Meet Brandon. Yes he is planking. It's become one of our favorite things to do up here. Along with making new friends. This was the second time I'd talked to Brandon and already he was planking with us. It just goes to show how friendly everyone is and how easy it is to make friends up here! I'm absolutely in love with the social scene I'm having so much fun!

SUNDAY
first singles ward experience
I adore my new ward. It's awesome being in a ward full of guys and girls all within four or five years of my age. Callings, talks, passing the sacrament...everything is done by my peers it's so cool to see so many faithful young adults running the ward all together!

I also had my first Sunday dinner with my new best friends. Eden, Lexis, Thomas, Rhys, and I all went to Rhys's grandparents house for dinner after church and i laughed more than i have in a long time. The Stephens's were the sweetest, funniest, happiest people i have met since I've been up here. They told us stories about their lives and we laughed and joked and had a great time. I'm so lucky to have such good friends with such awesome families! A perfect way to end a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment